Like playing in the rain or a bottle of bubble blower. How long ago have we sat down and look at moon or a sunset and say, "that is beautiful"... simple things in life that we tend to take for granted. Simple tings in life that we overlooked most of the time while we look for perfection in life. More money, a bigger car or retiring with a few millions in the fund. Have we forgotten about simple things in life?

That was what my kids reminded me today. “Chill out papa, life is beautiful" I have to admit. I live by the phrase that “Life is simple, it is the people that are complicated" Hence so, everything in my life is set out to be “as long you're happy... why not?" forget about code of conducts, forget about the golden rules of society and society standards. Forget about how the society wants out of you. Most importantly, what do you want for yourself? I admit... sometimes I lose direction too.


And most of the time... my kids are the ones who reminded me and bring me back on track. Can’t help it when you have colleagues who think that “only other people are wrong, I am correct all the time" or when something happens... it is other peoples' fault. Such is the reality of the world. We live in simple world, full of complicated people in the world.
I have zero problem with owning up to my mistakes, totally zero. I think the society have come to zero tolerance about making mistakes. Some people refer to it as mishaps or great disaster. That is what we teach our kids too. It is alright to make mistakes and owning up to it. we place more importance in learning from the mistake. I am sure it takes a greater strength in a soul to say “it is my watch and i screw up" than to "taichi" (shift the blame to another person). Why cant us all?
What is perfection? Does it bring you happiness? I think there is no perfection, that's why we have so many adjustments in life to be sorted out. To those who look for perfection, I dun think anyone have achieved it with consistency. The happiness is brief.
Anyway... I was having breakfast with Hiang Ching (An old friend of more than 20 years) this morning, a wet morning. (Dun think dirty, ok) at Skudai. . For most of you who don’t know, most of my blog friends are sick in the head. Really sick.
Let’s not be distracted. Come back to my point, after we paid our bill, the uncle gave JZ a can of bubble blower.
So we went home and in the evening. I took out and blow bubbles for my kids. They had a whale of time. I can’t help myself seeing how kids tend to enjoy simple things in life. Just imagine some bubbles in the air can lift up their day. Maybe tomorrow as well when they go to school and told their friends about it. I could almost see the expression on their face as they were telling their friends about it.
How much have we forgotten about simple things in life.........?
When was the last time, you laughed like this?


2 comments:
Not a bad writeup
not a bad writeup
Post a Comment