Thursday, February 21, 2008

Shopping in USA...

without leaving home..


Sounds fun?? It is fun!!! I have been buying Dockers pants, Adidas polo shirts, Photography books from the internet for a while. I usually buy most stuff from Amazon and sometimes the items are tagged under "free shipping". So you get all the items sent to your address in US for free. This takes abt 8 to 10 days cause it is ground shipping. Alternatively, you can opt to pay for shipping charges and get your stuff in real quick time.

For my 1st shipment, I used Vpost. I emailed them all my invoices and send all my purchases to an address in Portland , Oregon. And Vpost will act as the recepient of all the items, cross check them against my invoices and bundle them up then ship them to my address Singapore. They are quite tidy and fast with their job and best of all you do it without even leaving home.

For my 2nd purchases, i shipped the purchases to LeeHo in San Francisco and she shipped all the items in a USPS flat rate box for a flat rate of US$37. The item was shipped out Feb 15 and arrived in Singapore 6 days later. USPS and SingPost ROCKS!!! and the local Custom too for clearing the items fast.

Look what the courier guy brought in.....

blog

I purchased 3 Dockers pants and ESTan said " what your waist is 34"..?" i told him.. " yes after my meals". I am not exactly 34" but it's an inch wider and a local tailor here trims the size( for Rm9 per pant) really nice and tidy. I bring along my Ashworth pants which fits me perfect as sample to her. She does GOOD JOB. i cant even tell the difference.

blog

I have always asked.. how could anyone here pay RM225 for a Docker pants here. That is outrageous!!!! I get the same pants from Dockers, USA for US$16.99 to US$19.99. Sometimes the size is an inch off but my tailor takes care of that. Even after adding in shipping charges it is still abt 50% cheaper, which is quite a good bargain considering the effort it takes to reach Singapore. It is so much satisfying to buy over the net. Once i bought some pants and it was shipped to Leeho's old address, the items were returned back to warehouse and Dockers refunded every single dime minus the shipping charges which is a measly US$5 from my purchases back to my credit card. Docker ROCKS!!

This is my Metallica cd and Photography book.

Photobucket

LeeHo gave a skirt and a spaghetti strap blouse to Yi Ning. They look so nice and two sizes too big so it goes into the wardrobe until a few months later..

Photobucket

No comments: