Date: 27 September 2007
I was just moaning about the lousy weather. How it has been drizzling since early wee hours of morning, I was hoping for some sun and some shooting since it was my off day.
I drove our kids to their play school and when I turned into jalan stulang laut, I saw a crowd and police car gathering at sea side next to the traffic light.
Immediately stop my car and went down to see the commotion. As I got nearer I saw.... a public bus overturned in the sea. My wife volunteered the kids to school. (Best wife in the world)
I quickly ran back to my car and drove back to my house (just two minutes away). Went home, took my camera and came back to the scene.

I went nearer to the scene and got this first picture of the bus in the sea.

As I walked nearer.. I saw a body ......... RIP

I heard that the deceased flung off the bus on impact and was fished out from the water by someone. I also heard some people were saying that the driver of the bus survived the accident. (Let’s hope he rots in hell if this is his fault) Most Malaysian bus drivers seem to think they are F1 drivers.
Seems like the police do not know how many passengers were in the bus at the time of accident. So they have to wait for the rescue drivers.
Another picture of the bus.

After ten minutes the press arrived.. By this time, I couldn’t help them looking at me " who is this new handsome photographer in town”. I think I must go and do a fake dog tag that says " Official National Geographic Photographer.
Soon after the crane arrived. By this time the crowd got bigger and more police came to oversee the situation.


Shortly after the rescue divers arrived.


The rescue divers got the bus upright using the help of the crane.



And the divers went in and started to sweep the seabed for more bodies.


And they found a body buried in the muddy seabed. One of the divers had to go under and pulled the body out.


What a morning!!!It is a reminder to everyone.. Live life to the fullest every day.
2 comments:
hey I like this last shot. Good one to finish the story on. How many people ended up dying on this?
2 ppl died.
RIP
Post a Comment